Schedule and Repertoire Announced for Queen Elisabeth Competition Final
The Final round competitor order and repertoire list for the 2015 Queen Elisabeth International Violin Competition has been announced – including 3 VC ‘Young Artists’.
For the Final round, each candidate will present a to-be-announced unpublished work written specially for the competition, and a major Concerto of their own choice – to be performed with conductor Marin Alsop and the National Orchestra of Belgium.
Monday May 25th – 8pm
- 20 year old William Ching-Tu Wei from Taiwan – Shostakovich Violin Concerto No. 1
- 24 year old VC ‘Young Artist’ Tobias Feldmann from Germany – Bartok Violin Concerto No. 2
Tuesday May 26th – 8pm
- 23 year old Thomas Reif from Germany – Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto
- 21 year old Fumika Mohri from Japan – Sibelius Violin Concerto
Wednesday May 27th - 8pm
- 21 year old Kenneth Renshaw from the United States – Brahms Violin Concerto
- 25 year old Bomsori Kim from South Korea – Brahms Violin Concerto
Thursday May 28th – 8pm
- 28 year old Xiao Wang from China – Sibelius Violin Concerto
- 22 year old VC ‘Young Artist’ William Hagen from the United States – Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto
Friday May 29th - 8pm
- 22 year old Ji Yoon Lee from South Korea – Brahms Violin Concerto
- 26 year old Oleksii Semenenko from the Ukraine – Sibelius Violin Concerto
Saturday May 30th – 8pm
- 20 year old Ji Young Lim from South Korea – Brahms Violin Concerto
- 18 year old VC ‘Young Artist’ Stephen Waarts from United States/Holland – Bartok Violin Concerto No. 2
Widely respected as one of the most prestigious and coveted classical music accolades, the 1st prize winner will receive 25,000 Euro (USD$31,000), a CD recording, a number of international concert engagements and the 3 year use of the ‘Huggins’ Stradivarius – on generous loan from the Nippon Music Foundation.
Video of all Semi-Final performances available at: http://bit.ly/1RACd4n
The Violin Channel will be reporting live from the Palais des Beaux-Arts, in Brussels for this year’s Final round.
You won’t miss a beat!
PICTURED: 2015 Queen Elisabeth International Violin Competition Finalist, 18 year old VC ‘Young Artist’ Stephen Waarts