Founded by Vadim Gluzman and Angela Yoffe in 2010, the NSCMF aims to provide Chicago’s North Shore with musical experiences of the same caliber as those found in the great halls of the world, but within a close, intimate environment.
This evening’s program, entitled "Between Angels and Demons," celebrates the 100th anniversary of composer Astor Piazzolla. The program features works by Ginastera, Bartok, Stravinsky, Bach, Ellington, Carlos Gardel, Nadia Boulanger, and Piazzolla himself.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 27 | 8:30 PM (ET)
NORTH SHORE CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL PRESENTS "BETWEEN ANGELS & DEMONS"
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES
Philippe Quint & Jun Cho
- Astor Piazzolla | Villeguita (Arr. by Pedro Giraudo)
- Carlos Gardel | “Por una Cabeza” 1935
- Alberto Ginastera | T)res Piezas for piano No.1 (Arr. by Philippe Quint and Charles Coleman
- Igor Stravinsky | Scherzo from Firebird (Arr. by Samuel Dushkin)
- Bela Bartok | Romanian Dances No. 1, 4 and 6
- Astor Piazzolla | Prelude No. 1
- Nadia Boulanger | Cello Piece No.3 (Arr. by Philippe Quint and Charles Coleman)
- Astor Piazzolla | Tango Triunfal (Arr. Pedro Giraudo)
- Duke Ellington | In a Sentimental Mood (Arr. by Stephane Grapelli and John Novacek)
- Astor Piazzolla | Oblivion (Arr. by Philippe Quint)
- J.S. Bach | Sonata No. 4 in C minor | 1st Mvt
- Astor Piazzolla | Muerta Del Angel (Arr. by Pedro Giraudo)
- Astor Piazzolla | Le Grand Tango (Arr. Sofia Gubaidulina)