Win 1 of 5 Signed Copies of Cellist Inbal Segev's New "20 for 2020" 2 CD Set
Aimed to support her fellow artists and provide solace to audiences, “20 for 2020” focuses on themes like the pandemic, loss, racial injustice, and mass protests
The Violin Channel, in conjunction with AVIE Records, is this week giving away five personally autographed copies of cellist Inbal Segev's new: "20 for 2020" 2 CD set.
In 2020, cellist Inbal Segev — co-founder of the Amerigo Trio and prize winner at the Pablo Casals, Paulo, and Washington International Competitions — commissioned 20 composers to musically document their responses to the year’s social crises.
All four volumes of the project, already released digitally, plus a bonus track Behold for Cello Quartet by Segev, are now available as a physical 2-disc set on AVIE Records. To purchase and listen to the album, click here.
The CD Set includes world premiere works including Oscar Bettison’s La Hija Del Neon for Cello, Piano, and Electric Guitar, Stewart Goodyear’s The Kapok for Cello And Piano, Molly Joyce’s It Has Not Taken Long for Cello And Electronics, Immanuel Wilkins’ Exhale for Solo Cello, and Camille El Bacha’s Dance Between The Worlds for Piano Trio.
“At the height of the first wave of the pandemic in April of 2020, I received an email from the wife of the head of Paris hospitals,” Segev said on El Blacha’s work. “She wrote that her husband had been working non-stop for a month and was near emotional collapse, and she wanted to cheer him on. Would I be willing to meet him and give him a cello lesson (over Zoom of course)? ‘Of course,’ I said.
“I was so moved by this request and the fact that I could help in the global crisis in some small way,” Segev continued. “It then transpired that Camille El Bacha is the son-in-law of these wonderful people that I had just met and befriended. When I told them about my project, they immediately suggested him as a contributor. Camille is a fantastic pianist, and his family is Arab and Jewish — a mix that is, of course, unique, and his music is also unique.”
Entries close on Sunday, December 4, 2022.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is: Feed Media Pty Ltd Trading as The Violin Channel LLC.
2. Employees of The Violin Channel or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. The closing date for entry will be 11:59 PM December 4, 2022 (New York Time). After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. All incomplete entries will be disregarded and not eligible for entry.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen at random using randomization software.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Violin Channel LLC and not to any other party.