Win 1 of 5 Signed Copies of VC Artist María Dueñas New Album: "Beethoven and Beyond"
The CD was recorded with the Wiener Symphoniker and conductor Manfred Honeck in Vienna
This week, The Violin Channel is giving away five personally autographed copies of VC Artist María Dueñas' debut album, "Beethoven and Beyond."
The CD features Beethoven's violin concerto, Spohr's Concerto in G Major for Violin and Harp, WoO 13: Adagio, recorded with harpist Volker Kempf, Ysaÿe's Berceuse Op. 20, Saint-Saëns' Havanaise, Op. 83, Wieniawski's Légende in G minor, Op. 17, Kreisler's Liebesleid, and various cadenzas to Beethoven's concerto by Spohr, Ysaÿe, Saint-Saëns, Wieniawski, and Kreisler.
"Beethoven has played a central role so far in my life," María told The Violin Chanel. "That is the reason why I wanted Beethoven to be the center of my debut album. It was THE concerto Marek Janowski invited me to play when I turned 18 years old and it was after the performance of Beethoven that I was approached by Deutsche Grammophon and invited to be part of the legendary yellow label. Beethoven lived most of his life in Vienna, the city where I live and I have been extremely fortunate to record it with the best partners, Maestro Honeck and the Wiener Symphoniker at the Golden Hall of the Musikverein, isn't it a perfect constellation?"
"Though Beethoven has been recorded very often, I've tried to bring some new air into it, adding my own cadenzas for the concert. There is also a selection of less-known beautiful pieces, which bear any connection with Beethoven, and deserve to be heard. I hope listeners can enjoy this album as much as I do."
Entries close on Sunday, June 18, 2023.
A student of Boris Kuschnir at the Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna and the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, María is a former first and Grand Prix winner at the Leonid Kogan, Georg Philipp Telemann, Zhuhai, and Yankelevitch International Violin Competitions as well as the "Getting to Carnegie" competition. She was awarded first prize and audience prize in the senior division of the Menuhin Competition Richmond 2021. María has also been named one of the 2021-2023 BBC New Generation Artists.
María's recent solo engagements include performances with the National Philharmonic Orchestra of Russia, NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchestra, San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, Luxembourg Philharmonie, Lucerne Symphony Orchestra, Oslo Philharmonic, and St. Petersburg Symphony Orchestra.
Her upcoming debuts include performances with the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Pittsburgh Symphony, Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra, Deutsche Radio Philharmonie, and Danish National Symphony Orchestra.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is: Feed Media Pty Ltd Trading as The Violin Channel LLC.
2. Employees of The Violin Channel or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. The closing date for entry will be 11:59 PM June 18, 2023 (New York Time). After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. All incomplete entries will be disregarded and not eligible for entry.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen at random using randomization software.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Violin Channel LLC and not to any other party.