Win 1 of 3 Online Lessons with Violinist Kirill Troussov
The violinist is offering 3 lessons to our followers on his online masterclass platform
To celebrate a collection of 40 album releases across the next few years in partnership with Orchid Classics, The Violin Channel is giving away 3 online lessons with Kirill Troussov. The lessons will take place on Kirill's online masterclass platform.
The first installment of the series saw Troussov performing Mendelssohn’s E minor Violin Concerto Op. 64 and in April, his recording of Max Bruch’s Scottish Fantasy was released.
You can read more about this impressive project here.
Entries close on Sunday, July 2, 2023.
Born in St. Petersburg in 1982, Troussov took his first violin lessons at age four at the Rimsky-Korsakov-Conservatory and made his debut at the age of six. His mentors included Zakhar Bron, Christoph Poppen, Igor Oistrakh, and Lord Yehudi Menuhin.
In 2009, he drew international attention after stepping in for Gidon Kremer performing live and on Radio France with the Orchestre National de France and Daniele Gatti at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées.
Troussov plays the 1702 “Brodsky” violin by Antonio Stradivari — the violin on which Adolph Brodsky performed the world premiere of Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto in 1881.
Having performed at venues such as the Tonhalle Zürich, Berliner Philharmonie, Concertgebouw, Palais des Beaux Arts Brüssel, Beijin’s NCPA, Tokyo’s Suntory Hall, and Madrid’s Auditorio Nacional de Musica, Troussov’s chamber music collaborators include Yuja Wang, Daniel Hope, Joshua Bell, Gautier und Renaud Capucon, Yuri Bashmet, Mischa Maisky, and Julia Fischer.
Troussov regularly gives masterclasses around Europe, including at the Mozarteum Salzburg and European Music Institute Vienna, as well as around Hong Kong, and the U.S. He also performs as a duo with his sister, pianist Alexandra Troussova, and have recorded highly acclaimed albums together.
His many accolades include first prizes at the Yehudi Menuhin, Oleg Kagan, and the Wienawski violin competitions; the Davidoff-Prize at the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival; Verbier Festival’s Reuters-Scholarship; and the Europäische Kulturpreis Pro-Europa award.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is: Feed Media Pty Ltd Trading as The Violin Channel LLC.
2. Employees of The Violin Channel or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. The closing date for entry will be 11:59 PM July 2, 2023 (New York Time). After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. All incomplete entries will be disregarded and not eligible for entry.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen at random using randomization software.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Violin Channel LLC and not to any other party.